Saturday, July 13, 2013

Visit to Swami's Ashram


In an earlier posting at this link I wrote about my first meeting with Sri Siva Jothi Mona Siddhar, during his short recent visit to Tiruvannamalai.

Swamiji’s Ashram is located a short distance from Tiruvannamalai and an increasing number of people are daily visiting him for his help, inspiration and support. Swamiji is becoming a renowned healer and siddhar and many turn up for either guidance in their lives (both spiritual and worldly) and/or with hopes for Swamiji’s healing of their physical woes.



Sri Siva Jothi Mona Siddhar


Yesterday I went to Swamiji’s Ashram (with some friends) for the first time. I had several matters I wanted to discuss with Swamiji, one of which was to ask for his help in healing a chronic ulcer on my leg.

He applied vibhutti to my wound in 12-15 strong downward vigorous motions. Afterwhich he gave me blessed vibhutti with instructions to apply the ash to my wound twice a day in the same manner. He also gave me three lemons which he held in his hands for some time and told me to daily drink the juice of one lemon with a pinch of vibhutti and salt. He advised me to continue with my allopathic medication and assured me that the ulcer would soon be healed.




Providing guidance and support to devotees and visitors


Swamijii does not take food himself (limiting himself to just a liquid diet), but because of the problems he encountered for many years when he was engaged in extensive sadhana, he now takes it upon himself to feed all who visit his ashram – which often amounts to many hundreds of devotees each day. 

I shall write more about this fascinating Swamiji in the coming months. 


Illuminated Karumariamman on the way home from Ashram


1 comment:

  1. Interesting visit, I hope your ulcer will get better. I also liked seeing the Swami pet the doggie in your last post of him!

    ReplyDelete